Thursday, January 7, 2010

...and it's only the beginning!

Hi Gang!
So we are back on the road again after a short visit to MD. It was a different venue for sure. We had two glorious days off, one of which was a "golden day" meaning we did not have to travel and did not have a show. Last nights show was in an arena where our dressing rooms were literally a locker room and it was FREEEEEEEEZING! The audience was AMAZING though! Rumor has it that there were about 2,000 people there and it sounded as though they really really enjoyed the show! I LOVE my roommates! I am living with two wonderful gentlemen who are very fun and have provided me with many many laughs over the past three nights. It has been a challenge for me to adjust to an entirely different schedule than I am used to. Many of you who know me well know that I am a morning person and have entirely toooo much energy so to have late night shows and get up later in the day is like work for me....haha It's most difficult on these early morning bus rides because as I sit here and type this now, everyone....literally, is sleeping on the bus but I'm wiiiiide awake. I even went for a run at 5:30 to try and get some energy out but it's just no use! haha
I really miss home a lot but I am constantly reminding myself that if I was home, I really wouldn't be doing anything terribly exciting...so I am exactly where I need to be! I do, however, miss my yoga more than anything! I am excited that next week when we are in PA, there is a Bikram studio right next door to our hotel so I will be there without a doubt...my body needs it! Other than that I have been able to keep up at the gym so far so I haven't lost my sanity:) It's amazing how much I value that time now because it is the only chance to get away on my own for a bit, which as you can imagine, is very necessary when you live, travel, work, rehearse and hang out with the same 30 people all day and everyday!
For those of you curious about the best places to go that are near Rochester, I think the best bet would be one of the performances in Canada. Those shows are the first few days of February. Unfortunately, I think those are the closest venues. Make sure you check out the tour schedule and locations at www.hairsprayontour.com
We are headed to CT now for one performance and then off to Baltimore tomorrow morning for a few shows. Oh the joy of riding on a bus in very very VERY tight quarters is waring off a bit early....haha Hope everyone is doing well and knows how much I miss them! Stay in touch and let me know what's going on back home! Much Love- - -
-Shannon

2 comments:

  1. So excited you're doing this blog! Canada may be in the cards for me. Depending on when my sister goes into labor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your blog with us I am very inspired by your article kindly share some knowledge about Hair Regrow Spray want to know about it

    ReplyDelete